Friday, February 27, 2009

Thoughtful Friday

Fridays are busy for us, especially on payday. We left the house at 9am this morning and didn't get home until 1pm.

Josephine has music class in Olympia on Fridays. After class I went through the drive through of McDonalds because Josephine was hungry (and I was in a rush and forgot to pack her snacks). We don't typically eat at McD's, but I thought since it was there, and was easy, I would just do it. When the person taking my order asked if I wanted 2 apple pies for an additional dollar, I said yes. I don't know what made me say yes, except I had a craving for apple pie a couple days ago. I knew I wasn't going to give one to Josephine, and I knew I wasn't going to eat both of them, but I took them anyway. On my way out of the drive through, there was a man holding a sign. The sign said "Out in the cold, anything will help, God Bless." That was my sign that this man needed my other apple pie. I handed him the apple pie and drove away. When I looked back in my rear view mirror, he was eating it right then and there. Most of the time, I see people take food and stash it. Not this guy, he must have been hungry because by the time I got through the light, he was done eating his pie.

My other thought falls to McDonald's and how my not so picky eater ate almost an entire double cheese burger and french fries. Josephine doesn't get fast food very often, and I am glad, because if she did, she would be a chunky monkey right now. I can see how easy it would be to fall into the trap of fast food, and since the kids like it, just let them eat it. I have to be a better parent than that. I do see how fast food and obesity can be interconnected.

I'm off to make a salad for dinner.


0 comments:

  © Free Blogger Templates Blogger Theme II by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP