Friday, January 2, 2009

A day in the life of a Stay at Home Mom

You would think that I would have more time on my hands, being that I don't work, and stay home to take care of Josephine. Most of the time we don't stay home, Josephine has many activities to keep us always on the go, plus I need to make time to go to the gym and cook dinner most nights.

Today, we woke up late, we slept in until a quarter to eight. This meant no gym for us today, because I had made a portrait session at JCPenny's for Josephine at 10:40 am. Poor Doug injured his eye last night, so we are in between getting him in to see the doctor and getting me and Josephine ready to hit the mall. I have to add here, that I do not enjoy going to the mall. I only go as a necessity but I always try and make the most of it. Josephine tried to show me what she wanted to wear for her studio session, and this is what she came out as:
























Nice, but no can do!

I am also planning on making dinner tonight, using my crock pot. Usually, this means I have to make sure I am home at a certain hour to make sure it gets in the crock pot and cooked before we all go to bed. Today, this meant I had to get it together before we left for the mall.

Want to know what I am making????

Thai Peanut Chicken - Crock Pot

4 each chicken drumsticks and thighs (about 2 ½ pounds)
2 cans petite cut diced tomatoes with chili’s
½ cup creamy peanut butter

Serves 4
Cook for 4 hours on high or 7 hours on low
Prep time 20 minutes

1. Remove skin from chicken.
2. Mix all ingredients in a 3 quart or larger slow cooker.
3. Carefully lift chicken onto serving plates and garnish with cilantro.

Per Serving
Calories 451
Protein 48g
Carbohydrates 14g
Fiber 7g
Fat 24 g (saturated fat 5g)
Cholesterol 154 mg
Sodium 1,141 mg

Source: Woman’s Day Magazine 8/5/03


I love this meal, and you can spice it up with Cayenne if you need it spicier or spice it down with just one can of diced tomatoes with chilies, and one can of regular chilies. I serve this with rice.

I still have a ton of things to do today, and lucky for me, Doug is home sick (really he is, he can't see due to a tree branch meeting his eye last night). Once Josephine goes down for her nap, I will head out to run more errands and Doug will listen to make sure she is sleeping.

0 comments:

  © Free Blogger Templates Blogger Theme II by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP