Sunday, January 18, 2009

Thing 1 and Thing 2

Thing 1 = Pippin
















I got Pippin from the Lewis Clark Animal Shelter in Lewiston Idaho. I wanted a dog, and small dog under 50 pounds. I was seriously considering getting a Boston Terrier, but my mom convinced me to take a look at the shelter and see if there were any puppies there. I found Pippin and he stole my heart. He was 4 months old and all wrinkles at the time. He was obviously part Shar Pei, and the shelter people told me, they don't go over 40 pounds. I decided he was mine, but had to wait 6 days for someone who owned him to claim him. If no one claimed him, I could take him home. And I did.

8 years later, he is 100 pounds (rounding up). He is not over weight. I watched him, grow and grow and realized that I had a BIG dog. I also realized that big dogs have the biggest hearts, and I am still in love.

Thing 2 = Duke

















Duke came to us this last summer. We were out and about in Puyallup one morning, and I noticed there was an adoption event at PetsMart. Usually, the adoption events only involve cats, but I saw a sign for Puyallup Animal Rescue Dogs and Cats. So we decided to take a look. They had 6 dogs, and the first 5 did not interest us. Duke, was on the end, in a large kennel, and was just patiently wondering what was going on. He didn't have any noticeable reaction to Josephine when I put her in front of the kennel. Duke was Rottweiler / Black Lab mix, which was the exact type of dog we were looking for. After a very long day of introductions to Pippin and Josephine, we took him home.

6 months later, he is larger then Pippin. We love him still, but do hope he stops growing sometime soon.





0 comments:

  © Free Blogger Templates Blogger Theme II by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP